a 26- year old with Traditional Southern values. I’m passionate about family, the U.S. Constitution, and helping others. While I’m a country girl at heart, I have a huge craving for city life and fashion.
In 2016, I met and fell in love with a retired Marine, Mark Moore. A man who loves the outdoors, just as much (if not more) as I do. Deciding to spend my life with him meant that I would be inheriting a wonderful Step-son, Tyce. We also share our life with a very spoiled Rat Terrier, Kermit. Did I mention he is spoiled?
All jokes aside, being a wife and mother, is the most important roles I have. By no means am I trying to act like I have it all worked out and my life is picture perfect. Because it’s not…..no one’s life is. And that’s what you guys have to come to love from me, I’m not afraid to admit my mistakes and failings, plus the many challenges I face when it comes to being a step-parent.
I created this blog as a no-judgement zone to share what works (and what doesn’t!) when it comes to dealing with our spouses and feeding our family. This is a place to get ideas, recipes, inspiration–and most of all, reassurance.
WHAT YOU’LL FIND HERE:
- RECIPES for breakfast, dinner, snacks, and drinks
- TIPS for keeping your married life fun, fresh, and exciting
- RESOURCES for improving the your city, and state government
- ADVICE for raising happy, healthy eaters, including strategies for picky eaters
4 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ME:
1. The most important title I will ever have in my life is, wife and mom. I believe as a woman, it’s my duty to make sure my husband and kids are well taken care of, before anything else.
2. I believe that a diet based around mostly whole foods is the best way to eat. That doesn’t mean that you can’t indulge every now and then. I love to bake and I love sweet and southern fried food….. I can never just cut them out cold turkey.
3. I’m a Proud Republican. I have my beliefs and values, and I’m very traditional when it comes to politics, I’m not one of those who is afraid to share their beliefs with others, even if I’m the only person in the room, who feel that way. I have very strong political goals and plan on achieving every single one of them.
4. I’m a proud member of Alpha Phi Sorority! I was very lucky to have found of group of wonderful girls, while I was going through my college journey. Those girls helped me become the woman I am today!! I strongly encourage any young lady entering college to check out their local Greek life…..
AΦAlpha Phi- Detla Beta Chapter